Numerous significant enhancements and bug fixes have been made to Global Mapper for this release. The most significant changes are described below:
* Created native 64-bit version of Global Mapper, allowing users of 64-bit versions Windows to work with much larger data sets.
* Support for importing/exporting GeoPDF files!
* Added map layout support for easily adding margins and north arrows to your map and setting up the display and location of the distance scale and elevation legend.
* Support for exporting loaded vector data to DWG files.
* Built-in DigitalGlobe imagery access was significantly improved with much more worldwide data available.
* Added free built-in access to global street-level maps from OpenStreetMap.org via the File->Download Online Imagery menu command.
* Added support for exporting multi-band GeoTIFF files with 8 or 16 bits per band.
* Added support to combine area features, find the intersection of area features, and crop line and areas features to a crop area on export to some vector formats.
* Added real-time display of current cursor information (location, distance, elevation) to 3D Path Profile dialog. In addition, you can now also click to define a sub-path on the 3D Path Profile dialog and get information about that sub-path displayed.
* Added support for scaling point symbols, adding custom point symbols from PNG, GIF, JPG, and (new vector) .gmsym files, and easily creating symbols of custom sizes and colors for common shapes, like dots, squares, etc.
* Added toolbar for Digitizer/Edit Tool to make it easier to perform many commonly used operations.
* Added ability to create new line features by tracing them without clicking at each vertex with the Digitizer/Edit Tool.
* Added ability to rotate and scale features using the Digitizer/Edit Tool.
* Added support for numerous new formats, including MrSID MG4 LIDAR, Vertical Mapper (MapInfo) Grid/Clutter, QCT, QED, HTF, SPS, BAG, and many others.